08 June 2009

Mount Cheam

Paragliding @ Bridal Falls from Brett Hazlett on Vimeo.



After living and flying in Vancouver, British Columbia for ten years I had still never been fortunate enough to soar Mount Cheam, the highest mountain in the Fraser Valley.

Then this week I was visiting family over the weekend and decided to go out for a quick flight from Bridal Falls, because my Dad wanted to see me fly.

Soon after launching I hit a strong thermal that allowed me to bench up to the ridge behind launch. I kept getting a little higher, a little deeper and a little over, until finally I was soaring the face of this massive mountain named 'wild strawberries' in Halkomelem, that stands at 2100 m (7000 ft).

I was only wearing shorts and speedsleeves, not expecting to get that high. Man, it was cold.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    What was the tune?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - Blue Foundation - End of the day.

    More inspirational flying clips please.

    ReplyDelete