29 December 2010

Interludes

Finally.. back home in Calgary.

Bighorn sheep in Banff [Canon EOS 7D + EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM]

Warm welcome in Vancouver

A few days in Honolulu eased the tension in my high stress life.


Statue in Honolulu

The Sun sets in Japan

Of course I didn't fly directly back to Canada.

Christmas tree in Singapore

I needed to deal with some business in Malaysia so I spent a few weeks in Kuala Lumpur before returning to Canada. From a rooftop nightclub at my birthday party I took a picture of the Petronas Twin Towers, which are well known to base jumpers.

The Petronas Twin Towers

Next I spent a few days in Los Angeles with my good friend, Kraig Coomber, of Moyes USA. My new hangglider sail had arrived, made with the new Code Zero cloth. Not all the carbon parts for the airframe had arrived so I will need to make another trip to LA in early 2011 to build my new glidezilla.

RS3.5 sail in Code Zero cloth

After all that racing I needed a little R&R.. rest and renewal. My first stop was Sao Paulo to take in some sun before facing the fast approaching northern winter.

Brazilian orchid

No comments:

Post a Comment